DotA 2 First Impression
Posted by vpatrickd on November 21, 2011
Just got into DotA 2 beta this past weekend.
It worked flawlessly for me even though it’s still in the early stages of the beta. User interface was easy-to-navigate.
It has all the things you loved about DotA and turned it into a more beautiful, breath-taking graphics.
But with new awesome features:
- Reconnect. No more games shall be ruined due to bad internet connection
- Watch (DotATV). You can join ongoing games and become a spectator – a perfect way to learn from the pros
- Matchmaking. Coz every game needs it.
- Search bar in shops. No need to waste time looking for items.
- Fully customizable hotkeys. For both skills and items. You may choose to use Legacy hotkeys for skills (hotkeys for the original DotA)
My only disappointment is that there’s no patrol key. It’s hard to micro your units when this thing is non-existent.Warcraft3 had this command and it was very useful in the original DotA especially when using heroes like Chen.
Nonetheless, it’s still an awesome game. If you haven’t yet received your beta key, make sure you sign up for beta from dota2.com and fill in the survey there.