Bypass Megaupload Download Limit
Posted by vpatrickd on November 17, 2008
You guys know that annoying 90 mins/300 mins of waiting after downloading some hundred mb files from MegaUpload (MU)? Here’s an easy way to bypass it. I found the way to bypass it while I was downloading anime since the other direct dl servers are crap. (actually anime-eden.com (a good anime download site) is quite okay, but MU still provides better speed).
I’ve tried this way myself, it works perfectly for me.
1. Open the download link to MU.
2. Type in the confirmation code, and wait until 45 sec has passed.
3. When the “Free Download” link appears, DO NOT CLICK IT. Instead, right click it and choose “Copy Link Location” (I use Firefox, IE/Opera/Chrome users might have different options).
4. Go to an IP hider website, I recommend hidemyass.com.
5. Paste your link, then before clicking ‘hide my ass’, just make sure Firefox asks you where to save download files. You can change this (for Firefox) in Tools>Options>Main tab>check Ask me where to save files.
6. Then click ‘hide my ass’.
7. When prompted where to save your file, save it wherever you like, but rename your file from ‘index.php’ to whatever you are downloading with the appropriate extension format. Say you’re downloading a zip file, then rename ‘index.php’ to ‘blablabla.zip’.
8. Last step, if it doesn’t work anymore, refresh the hidemyass.com webpage.
I do not know if this works with Rapidshare or other web hosting files, but it doesnt hurt to try..